2011-2014 Ford F-150 V2 Intercooler
Click HERE to view the install guide for our EcoBoost F150 Intercooler
- 2011-2012 F150 EcoBoost with OEM turbos
- 2013-2014 F150 EcoBoost with OEM eBOV
- 2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost with aftermarket BOV
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler is an important bolt-on upgrade for turbocharged Ford EcoBoost engines. Also known as the ‘C-A-C’ (Charge Air Cooler) we relocate the intercoler up high in the grille, for increased fresh airflow and to keep out of harm’s way. Independent Datalogs show OEM coolers reaching 190F at max load, compared to ambient with only the Full-Race Intercooler upgrade. We use efficient and durable bar-and-plate intercoolers with optimized Fin pitch, and expertly TIG welded gussetted brackets / endtanks in precise fixtures. The lower mounting beam is hand-fabricated from high strength steel and powder coated black. This intercooler uses 3″ inlet / 3″ outlet and is available with water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe. Each intercooler is individually pressure tested to 50 psi before shipping.
The Full-Race Ford F-150 EcoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit Includes:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 70% more internal flow area than stock, using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (compared to the stock 6.5mm air paths)
- Intercooler Mounting Beam
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- 2-ply Couplers and t-bolt clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
Ford F-150 EcoBoost Front Mount Intercooler Kit Features:
- Direct Replacement: Plug-and-Play – No tuning required!
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- No cutting or permanent modifications required – Direct Bolt On
- Optional Black Powder Coating on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150’s to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
- WARN VR10000 Winch Compatibile using Rough Country 1010 hidden-winch mounting plate
F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse – so strength and durability are mandatory. OEM ecoboost intercoolers use thin aluminum cores crimped with plastic endtanks. This design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However high-performance and larger turbos can overwork the stock core, causing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine causing a misfire event. If you have experienced this often, we recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body.
CFD Designed Intercooler End Tanks
Optional Black Powder Coating
Before – Bare Aluminum
After – Black Powder Coating
2013-2014 OEM Electronic Blow Off Valve option
TiAL External Blow Off Valve Option
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Note: 2013-2016+ Applications which convert from eBOV to Mechanical BOV (TurboSmart or TiAL) – look to see if your intake manifold has an unused vacuum nipple behind the TB. If not, our TB spacer -or- PCV delete are recommended.