All of us at Solo Performance are excited to bring our 5.0L Mustang GT Axle-Back exhaust kit to the Mustang community. This Axle-Back exhaust kit offers a deep, mean 60’s muscle car sound without the drone usually associated with an Axle-Back kit. This is a “Sound on Demand” exhaust system that produces the sound you want when accelerating or revving but becomes incredibly quiet at cruise speeds. Solo has replaced that annoying cruise speed cabin drone with a comfortable, quiet exhaust note through advanced technology and a painstaking R&D process.
Solo’s 5.0L Mustang GT Axle-Back comes with Solo’s tunable J-Pipes. These J-pipes are capped off on the end and as the sound waves enter the J-pipe, they bottom out on the end cap and bounce back. Upon the sound wave re-entering the exhaust flow, it collides with the specific Mustang GT drone frequency and cancels it out. Since all Mustang engine harmonics are not exactly the same we have made a slider end cap (just loosen the band clamp and slide the piece longer or shorter) so that you can fine tune the exhaust note if necessary. Tomorrow’s technology on today’s Mustang GT.
The Mustang GT is loaded with special features. Complete the look and sound with a Solo Performance’s Axle-Back exhaust kit.
• Stainless Steel Dual Axle-Back exhaust kit
• The Axle-Back kit can be integrated with the Solo Cat-Back kit
• 3” Mandrel bent exhaust pipes
• Completely Bolt-On using only regular tools
• Engineered to integrate with the stock exhaust
• Heavy Duty Reinforced hangers
• 4 ½” T304 polished stainless steel exhaust tip with inner bevel.